AMOLED Brilliance

AMOLED Brilliance
Screen Comparison of The Samsung i8510/Samsung i8910HD/Samsung Omnia

CloseUP

CloseUP
Symbian vs Symbian

BlogSearch

Jan 19, 2010

WARNING: POSSIBLE UPDATE ISSUES/FIXES

We all know that software support has been few and far between. Samsung have only released firmwares in regions such as China, Russia, German and Italy and although thousands of other regions distribute their device, not one firmware has been sent their way! Samsung have once again announced a new update which is geared at resolving a handful of the devices bugs and drawbacks. They also went on to promise that update will be released worldwide (haven't we heard that line before). Lets all keep our fingers crossed while we all await this new update! 

Moving on to issues with previous updates. As most of you know, i have flashed, hacked, modded and updated my device. So here is what i have noticed  about my most recent update. The firmware in question is I8910XXII2 which i was able to update to - using PC Studio  - after previously flashing my device to the I8910XXII1 firmware. After i flashed my device to the I8910XXII1, i had no issues, whether it be with video recording, web browsing,  downloading, uploading and also video playback! Everything worked wonderfully, until i updated to the I8910XXII2 firmware. The main issue i had was with video playback. Whenever i playback a recorded video, there was always this "whistling kettle" noise that just ran through the entire recording. At first i thought it was because i didn't hard reset my device after update, so i did just that, but the issue never went away. Then i re-called this "secret code"- which Hamid posted, which allows users to edit sound quality, so i grabbed my Omnia HD and dialed in *#0002*28346# to access that "secret menu". Now my issue, as i mentioned, was with with video recording - thus the option which says "record" would seem the logical choice. So i click on "record" and i make a note of all the default settings (just in case i mess something up) then i try editing every section - one at a time - until i solve the issue. Finally, after making all of the changes, i found where i the issue lied. Under the "record" option there are four others - Main MIC, HS MIC, CamcordDSP_AMR and CamcordAMR_AMR - the option which solved my issue was the CamcordAMR_AMR. After selecting that option i noticed there were to sections - Tx MicAmp(which was set to 30dB) and Tx Channel(which was set to 25dB) - i changed the Tx Channel from 25dB to 12dB, then i selected "back-up" at the main list and then exited the menu. Now i able able to record and playback with no issues. To anyone who experiences issues such as this one, after new update, just try what i did! Hope this was helpful! 

2 comments:

  1. I tried posting this in gsm arena itself. it did not yet appear. may be it is being moderated. hence I am trying to convey my message here:


    Hi Symbios, Hamid, Wole, Sajad, XXX, Rohit and others, You guys are real heroes helping out a lot of people like me. I have bought my i8910 a couple of months back and have been following your suggestions. You guys just ROCK!
    I just now thought how can I help you back. Just saw your blog http://my8910hd.blogspot.com/ that is good. but how about a seperate website which would contain a similar blog and other stuff. I mean a blog where you guysonly can make posts and a forum where all others can discuss. I am a software engineer and I am into web development. I can develop a website quickly and I will host it for our i8910 community with my own expenses. if you like the idea, let me know and i will complete that by this weekend. my email: myenggadmin [at] gmail [dot] com.

    I'll give my personal email id, once we get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks symbios.. such posts would surely help when we face similar issues.. keep 'em going!

    ReplyDelete